উপজেলা পরিষদ, গোসাইরহাট, শরীয়তপুর ।
1. Formulation review and execution of legislation, policies, plans, procedures, standing orders and guidelines relating to overall disaster risk reduction and emergency response management including relief, rehabilitation and safety net programmes.
2. Maintaining database on recipient of Vulnerable Group Feeding (VGF), Vulnerable Group Development (VGD) and other safety net management information system.
3. Relief and Disaster risk reduction programmes, planning, research and monitoring.
4. Administration of technical and non-cadre services under this Ministry and its attached Directorates/Bureau and subordinate offices including personnel management, control, performance appraisal and oversight functions.
5. Coordination of all activities relating to disaster management and relief incorporating disaster risk reduction and emergency response management.
6. Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction across line ministries and agencies at all levels, local governments, NGOs, CBOs, Civil society and all other stakeholders.
7. Implementation of the disaster related programmes/projects undertaken due to adverse impacts of climate change.
8. Design, approval, administration, coordination and monitoring of emergency relief and rehabilitation programmes including distribution of relief materials, gratuitous relief etc.
9. Approval, administration and monitoring of safety net programmes, such as Test relief, Vulnerable Group Feeding (VGF), Vulnerable Group Development (VGD), Food For Works Programme. Institutional Feeding Programme, Rural Infrastructure Maintenance Programme, Risk Reduction Programme, Road Maintenance Programme, House Building Grants, etc.
10. Construction and Maintenance of small bridges/culverts, multi-purpose disaster shelters, Cyclone shelters, flood shelters with a view to eliminating/reducing disaster risks.
11. Preparation and execution of various development projects/programmes on subjects allotted to this Division.
12. Administration and coordination of aids, loans, grants, search and rescue operation, emergency relief and technical assistance on disaster management under regional and international cooperation.
13. Liaison with regional and international organizations, and matters related to treaties and agreements with other countries and world bodies relating to subjects allotted to this division.
14. Assessment of disaster situation and recommendation to declare State of Disaster Emergency and issuance of evacuation notices and monitor disaster early warning dissemination.
15. Establish, strengthen and improve the national disaster response mechanism.
16. Updating of Standing Order on Disaster (SOD) and its implementation.
17. Establish, manage and operate Disaster Management Information Centres (DMIC) at national and local levels including Emergency Operation Centres (EOCs).
18. Expanding prevention and preparedness measures across a broader range of hazards such as earthquake, infrastructure collapse, Tsunami, fire and events causing mass casualties.
19. Develop, manage and coordinate training learning and development and awareness rising on disaster management.
20. Matters relating to budget, accounts and finance of this Division.
21. Implementation of the refugee related programmes.
22. All laws and rules on subjects allotted to this Division.
23. Inquiries and information on any of the subjects allotted to this Division.
24. Fees in respect of any subject allotted to this Division except fees taken in the court.
25. All other matters relating to the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief.